Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFG tool stops working after Windows 10 Creators update

jeffreychang
Contributor I

Target board: iMX6

Host PC: Windows 10 Creators update

MFG tool used to work on my Windows 10 PC but after Windows 10 Creators update, it stops working. The tool always hangs with "No Device Connected" after "Jumping to OS Image". Looking at the Windows Device manager, a USB Mass Storage Device is detected, looking at Windows Settings menu, a File-backed Storage Gadget is detected, however MFG tool still hangs.

Screen shot and log file attached.

Original Attachment has been moved to: MfgTool.log.zip

0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jeffrey Chang,

I’m not familiar with this Windows update, but the manufacturing tool was not designed with Windows 10 in mind. Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Please run this tool as admin with compatibility options by right clicking the tool’s icon and select “Properties” and then click on the compatibility tab and set the properties “Windows 7 compatibility” and “Run as admin”.

I would also recommend uninstalling the USB device from the Device Manager and trying again. The manufacturing tool disconnects the device to be able to start the partitioning and sometimes Windows can interrupt this process since it detects a device being connected.

Regards,

0 Kudos

jeffreychang
Contributor I

Hi Gusarambula,

Thank you for responding to the question.

The same problem persists after following your suggestions. Looks like the new USB driver in Windows 10 creators update does not work with the iMX6 board. Is there a place where I can download the old Windows USB driver?

0 Kudos