cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFG tool not detecting my board showing 'No device connected '

senthamizhchezh
Contributor I

Hi,

I am a newbie and I have an iMx 6 series Quad board and connected the board to my Windows 7 machine. After installing the drivers it successfully shows as new 'HID- compliant device' but while running the MFG tool (v2) it is not detecting my board and shows 'No device connected'.

Also my cfg.ini is default with following contents

[profiles]

chip = MX6Q Linux Update

[platform]

board = SabreSD

[LIST]

name = Sabre-SD

Kindly let me know if I am missing any steps.

Thanks in advance

regards,

Sen

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Senthamizh

if Windows 7 is 64 bit version or there is USB 3.0 on PC, there may

be issues. For USB 3.0 one can try to disable it.

Also recommended to use latest MFG Tools and select *.vbs script for

appropriate board

Programmers (Flash, etc.) (10)

IMX6_L3.14.28_MFG_TOOL (REV L3.14.28_1.0.0)

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&nodeId=018rH3ZrDRB24A&fpsp=1&t...

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

brokencog
Contributor I

Senthamizh,

I struggled with the same issue when I first received these boards.

Please check that the DIP switches are set for "Serial Downloader" and then connect the board via USB to the MfgTool computer.  After flashing, change the DIP back out of "Serial Download" mode to boot the board.  Please note I am both turning on "Serial Downloader" as well as turning off "Internal Development" for flashing, then reversing to boot.

I am using the SABRE-AI, not the SD, so I'm not going to state what the label of the pins are for your board.

Secondly,  Please note I had to manually cycle the dip switches more than half a dozen times before they properly registered the correct setting.  I thought this a fluke until I went to flash the other 8 boards -- all of which had the same problem.  Namely, the DIP switches were never washed by FSL, or they sat around too long and developed corrosion -- either way, all 9 of the SABRE-AI boards I've recently setup needed to have the DIP switches cycled repeatedly before working -- this was on CPU1 and CPU2 versions of the cpu module board.

-daniel

0 Kudos