markwoo
Contributor I

Dear, Freescale engineer,

We made sample board for our project.

CPU : i.mx6sl

memory : MT29PZZZ4D4BKESK-18

software : android

And, SD2 line use eMMC.

I was download MFG tool for i.mx6sl evk board.

MFG tool is return fail during partitioning....

So, We build U-boot refer document(Manufacturing Tool V2 (MFGTool2) Linux or Android Firmware Development Guide)

But, it was fail when MFG tool execute below part.

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="Recovery" file ="u-boot-mx6sl-evk.bin" >Loading U-boot</CMD>

1. I tried BOOT_CFG1[5],[6] set 1.

2. memory : MT29PZZZ4D4BKESK-18 (refer attachment file).

3. We use android_jb_4.3.

4. Tool version : Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6SL_UPDATER 2.

5. schematic (refer attachment file).

6. ucl2.xml, cfg.ini (refer attachment file).

7. MfgTool.log (refer attachment file).

8. When we use "u-boot-mx6sl-evk.bin" by ourself, it was return error as below.

"Boot" body="BootStrap" error, file="C:\Users\younha\Documents\Project\Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6SL_UPDATER\Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6SL_UPDATER\Profiles\MX6SL Linux Update\OS Firmware\u-boot-mx6sl-evk.bin"

We need new builded u-boot-mx6sl-evk.bin.

Thank you,

<LI

mark woo 님이 메시지를 편집했습니다.

Original Attachment has been moved to: cfg.ini.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: MfgTool.log.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: ucl2.xml.zip

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
16 Replies

sunishm
Contributor I

Dear Dan,

I am facing the same issue. Could you please help me to resolve this issue.I am using the same details which mark had mention in the above chain.

Dear Mark,

Did you resolved this issue ?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi SUNISH M,

Which problem are you face? Could you tell me the details? Here I recommend you to create new thread in our community, so that any reply you can receive a notification.
Have a great day
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mark woo,

Which board are you using, MCIMX6SLEVK board?
Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

markwoo
Contributor I

Dear, Dan Wang,

We don't use MCIMX6SLEVK board.

We made board using i.mx6sl.

Our board was made refer WaRP board.

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mark woo,

I see, you have already create a SR in our website? I think it's you:smileyhappy:. The WaRP board is designed by our third company. Both the hardware and BSP are designed by them. I am searching the reference board information and  BSP in their website, but find nothing. I have saw the files you attached, I found that you use the mfgtool Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6SL_UPDATER directly. But in this mfgtool ucl2.xml file there is no information about your board. So you can not download succeed.

By the way, where you download the BSP from?
Have a great day,
(Dan)

0 Kudos

markwoo
Contributor I

Dear Dan Wang,

Our BSP board was made by us.

But, we use MFG tool for evk board.

So, I think we need MFG tool for our board.

Can we modify ucl2.xml and u-boot-mx6sl-evk.bin?

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mark woo,

Yes, you can modify ucl2.xml, but u-boot-mx6sl-evk.bin you need built yourself. Here I wonder if you are using the same DDR with MCIMX6SLEVK board, if no you also need to build the mfgtool firmware  according your board.
Have a great day,
(Dan)

0 Kudos

markwoo
Contributor I

Dear Dan Wang,

Our board was different DDR. You can check attachment document at first time question.

And, we need MFG Tool for eMMC boot. because, we use only eMMC, we doesn't use SD.

Also, we build u-boot for changing u-boot-mx6sl-evk.bin but, MFG tool is error return at below part. (Please refer attachment file)

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="Recovery" file ="u-boot-mx6sl-evk.bin" >Loading U-boot</CMD>

Can you help the way of modifying ucl2.xml and u-boot-mx6sl-evk.bin for our board?

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mark woo,

About how to modify the uxcl2.xml file, you can refer to the documents under Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6SL_UPDATER. And about the u-boot-mx6sl-evk.bin for our board , maybe you have porting the BSP for your board, how to build you can refer to the freescale website MCIMX6SLEVK board linux BSP user guide documents.

Hope this can help you.

Have a great day,

(Dan)

0 Kudos

markwoo
Contributor I

Dear Dan Wang,

When using SD2 line connected eMMC, how boot_cfg setting?

Thank you,

0 Kudos

markwoo
Contributor I

Dear Dan Wang,

Where can i find MCIMX6SLEVK board linux BSP user guide documents?

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mark woo,

About the linux BSP user guide documents you can download from http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6SL&fpsp=1&tab=Documentation_Tab.
Have a great day,
(Dan)

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mark woo,

As your board are using different DDR, so you also need to build the firmware for mfgtool.
Have a great day,
(Dan)

0 Kudos

markwoo
Contributor I

And, I use list name "Android-EVK-SD" as below.

<LIST name="Android-EVK-SD" desc="Choose SD android as media">

We modified ucl2.xml refer LIST name="EVK-EMMC".

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mark woo,

The <LIST name is your board name. What you need to do is as follows:

1\Build the BSP, and create u-boot ,uimage and file system of your board. And copy them to the right folders.

2\ Build the mfgtool firmware(if your DDR is not the same with the board MCIMX6SLEVK). Copy them to the right folders.

3\Modify the uxl2.xml file add your board list.

4\Modify the file cfg.ini.

5\Connect board and PC

6\inset SD card (if burn to SD)

7\Set download mode

8\Power and Begin to download

Have a great day,
(Dan)

0 Kudos

markwoo
Contributor I

Dear Dan Wang,

I downloaded IMX_6SL_MFG_TOOL at freescale website . (Please refer attachment file)

Thank you,

0 Kudos