Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFG Tool question

Jump to solution
eunseokjung
Contributor II

Hi, all

I'm using MFG tool for burnning bootloader.

When i used this, it showed to me that bootloader was built in offset 0x100000 and 0x200000.

But when i read the flash memory, bootloader wasn't there. Bootloader is existed in 0x100000 and A80000.

Why these different are occurred?

Plz, help this problem to solve

Thank you

Eunseok.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

NAND-based boot loaders do not support XIP approach and should be built to run

in RAM area, but located in NAND (ROM). Special code (primary loader) have to pre-load

the bootloader to RAM area.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The mfg tool mechanism is "boot from usb otg".

It is running a entire system in the DDR including rootfs.

uuc is waiting for command from mfg tool by ucl2.xml.

So a customized mfg tool is a must for a customized board.

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

NAND-based boot loaders do not support XIP approach and should be built to run

in RAM area, but located in NAND (ROM). Special code (primary loader) have to pre-load

the bootloader to RAM area.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos