MFG - Manufacturing Tool - i.mx6 - Fails when jumping to OS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFG - Manufacturing Tool - i.mx6 - Fails when jumping to OS

ferrucciopaccia
Contributor I

I'm using a SabreSD board and I'm not able to complete the boot process with the MFG Tool and the MFG kernel.

Actually I'm using the "linux-imx-mfgtool-3.10.17" kernel provided by the latest version of bitbake from the branch master.

Problems occur when going into the "jumping to OS" phase.

The uboot, kernel and initrd images are loaded correctly and the board is able to start the booting sequence.

At some point, the kernel display recursively "Waiting for UTP device" and the boot process stops.

The development machine runs Windows 7.

Is there anything I can do to try understanding where the problem is?

Thanks!

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Ferruccio,

In addition to the other suggestions, two things to check:

1. In the cfg.ini file, verify that the value for name matches the name entry you intended to use in ucl2.xml.

2. For the given name target, verify that each file entry matches up to an actual file with the correct filename in the proper location. You may just have a typo somewhere.

Michael Robbeloth

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In some occasions when the process halts at “jumping to OS” image it’s a problem related to the U-Boot file. Please make sure that the u-boot.bin being used by the profile is the appropriate for your board and let us know If this help.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

H Ferrucio

please try

IMX_6_MFG_L3.10.17_1.0.0_TOOL : i.MX 6Family Manufacturing Toolkit for L3.10.17.

with images

L3.10.17_1.0.0_IMX6QDLS_BUNDLE : Source Code Download Steps Documentation and Demo Images.

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos