Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUxpresso project & IRQ does not work i.MX8mq

Jump to solution
mail2
Contributor I

Hello,

There are several days that I'm trying to make any IRQ work, but no way!.

I'm using MCUxpresso 10.3.0 with SDK_2.5.0_EVK-MIMX8MQ.

I can run almost all examples, without no problem, except I try to do some IRQ handler with that IRQ enabled. It just goes in Hard Fault. What is strange, not even Hard fault handler can do something. SO I started to examine IRQ vector in startup_MIMX8MQ6_cm4.c file. It is apparently all OK, But I can't find any connection with M4 IRQ table from manual: IMX8MDQLQRM.pdf  chapter 7.1.3. 

Then I found in the same SDK under gcc folder file startup_MIMX8MQ6_cm4.s.

It has IRQ vector almost corresponding to documentation. I did try to use this instead of another file, but there are some link errors, so I need to examine it more deeply, cause one is in assembler and one in c.

I attach both those files, cause it seems to me that .c version which is used in MCUexpresso es file for all generated project seems to me as not correct. In my small opinion, this is a bug.

I have fully functional ENET driver port for M4 done, now I'm doing FreeRTOS integration, and now I need activate ENET IRQ, but I'm stuck on Continuous Hard Fault. I did try with anything, but nothing goes. And I didn't find any example of how to go over.

Any help will be appreciated.

regards

Ladislav.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ladislav,

Until now, it was confirmed that MCUXpresso IDE is not supported by the SDK of i.MX8MQ. It is just supported on IAR and GCC, so, please use those versions. The documentation and build options from the SDK Builder will be updated soon, please accept our apologies for any inconveniences about this.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ladislav,

Could you please specify which IDE are you using to test the SDK?

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos
mail2
Contributor I

Hello Carlos,

thax for response. I use Mcuxpresso Ide 10.3.0 (eclipse based ide) as I wrote it before.

here is the link to its site:

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/mcuxpresso-software-and-t...

regards 

ladislav

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ladislav,

It seems that the SDK builder may have some issues when building for MCUXpresso IDE.

Could you please indicate step by step how did you build the SDK?

Have you tried with another IDE, like IAR?

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos
mail2
Contributor I

Hello,

I followed these steps:

1: choose board: EVK-MIMX8MQ

2: then I choose all toolchains (I did try also with just MCU toolchain, the same result)

3: added all possible components (they are 4)

I add screenshots in attachments.

No, I did not try any other IDE, I have not any other.

I'll do try with pure eclipse and cmake if necessary.

Did you see that those two files? They are not even similar, I'm I, right?

Is it a bug?

regards

LadislavpastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ladislav,

Until now, it was confirmed that MCUXpresso IDE is not supported by the SDK of i.MX8MQ. It is just supported on IAR and GCC, so, please use those versions. The documentation and build options from the SDK Builder will be updated soon, please accept our apologies for any inconveniences about this.

Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
mail2
Contributor I

Hello Carlos,

thx for response, pitty that it is as I afraid :smileysad:. Do You have any Eta for possible patch.

I did a Try to port start file from gcc tool chain to MCU expresso. And I’m on right way I think.

Maby If you can share me project repo, I can help.

Ladislav.

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ladislav,

I’m afraid that there is no ETA for MCUXpresso IDE support, because it is not planned to be supported (none of the i.MX8 SDKs variants are supported on MCUXpresso), so the inclusion of i.MX8M was an errata.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos
tloan
Contributor II

What is the current status of MCUXpresso IDE support in the i.MX8 SDKs?

If the MCUXpresso IDE is supposed to be supported, please review my steps and advise:

1. Received 8MMINILPD4-EVK and working through https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/get-started-with-the-i-mx-8m-mini-evk:GS-iMX-8M-Mini-EVK
  2. Verified Cortex-M4 pre-built demo imx8mm_m4_TCM_hello_world.bin and now want to modify it.
  3. Built the SDK using MCUXpresso SDK Builder:
    MCUX.jpg
  4. When I click and drag the SDK .zip file into MCUXpresso (v11.3.0) I get the following "The SDK 'SDK_2.x_EVK-MIMX8MM' does not contain any MCUXpresso IDE compatible toolchain." error:
    MCUXerror.jpg
0 Kudos