MCUXpresso SDK 2.11.1 Diff from 2.11.0 (RT1052)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso SDK 2.11.1 Diff from 2.11.0 (RT1052)

variable_andrew
Senior Contributor I

What changed from SDK 2.11.0 to 2.11.1 ?

I went thru the SDK documentation's Changelog file (which only shows drivers changed), and it seems the latest versions match up with what I see in my 2.11.0 project... what am I missing?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

variable_andrew
Senior Contributor I

As an aside, the Github repo that I thought was the source of the MCUXpresso SDK doesn't have 2.11.1, they're still on 2.11.0: https://github.com/NXPmicro/mcux-sdk

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @variable_andrew 

I would like to apologize for the delay. We are overloaded on the request these days. I really really appreciate that you were so patient.

Regarding your doubts about changes on the SDK 2.11.1, first of all, that repository is unofficial, because the official codes for all the examples that we provide to our customers is the one that you find on the MCUXpresso SDK Builder. Then, the changelog pdf file that is found in the SDK zip folder, has the changes that it was becoming from older versions to the current one, so more specifically, may you share with me which examples are from your interest? So I can review those ones and tell you if there was a change in there. One example that I already worked on it, was the wi-fi cli example, it has some changes from 2.11.0 to 2.11.1 version, but please let me know the ones from your interest, so I can tell you.

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

variable_andrew
Senior Contributor I

Hi @PabloAvalos ,

I am not working on demos, we have a full solution w/ over 30 drivers from the MCUXpresso SDK. 

This is why the current "driver specific change lists" that require customers / developers to individually delve into (search for a demo project, unzip, and inspect changelog) for each individual driver isn't user friendly.

It seems to make a lot more sense for NXP to have a centralized changelog so a customer with an existing solution can quickly tell if SDK portions relevant to their solution require attention or if they are not even affected by an SDK update.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @variable_andrew 

Thank you so much for your reply and your patience. I really appreciate it.

I know that probably is not too friendly after all, but is the way that we check the changes between a last SDK version against the new one. Your feedback is very welcome, so I will make sure to suggest the idea that you propose with my SDK developers team.

Any other question or support that I might help you with, please let me know.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos