Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX8M-EVK HDMI setting

Jump to solution
torus1000
Contributor V

Hi,

I downloaded linux demo image then wrote it to my sdcard.

demo image: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.51_IMX8MQ_Beta
vcp-driver: https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

$sudo dd if=fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx-xwayland-imx8mqevk.sdcard of=/dev/sdb bs=1M
$sudo dd if=imx-boot-imx8mqevk-sd.bin-flasg-hmdi-spl-uboot of=/dev/sdb bs=1k seek=33

It looked EVK boot up successfully but HDMI port output no signal at all.

How do I configure the display port for HDMI?

Once I tried to fix setenv of u-boot as following but nothing changed.

u-boot> setenv mmcroot /dev/mmcblk1p2 rootwait rw video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080-32@60
u-boot> saveenv
u-boot> boot

Can anyone help me?

Tags (3)
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Team,

The i.MX8M  has not officially release neither Android or Linux BSP,   so the support from NXP in the public community it is not available yet. Once the product has been release, we were able to discuss the features and functionalities of the device and the enablement tools, like Android and Linux.  To avoid any confusion at the moment the information it is subject to change without any notice.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gabriel_h
Contributor V

It looks that Android image does support HDMI output out of the box

torus1000
Contributor V

Dear gabriel_h

According to your advice, finally I could see android demo following the "Android_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf".

document: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/android_O8.0.0_1.3.0_8M-PRC_docs.tar.gz
mfgtool: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=O8.0.0_1.3.0_ANDROID_TOOL_8MQ_BETA
android demo image: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=O8.0.0_1.3.0_ANDROID_DEMO_8MQ_BETA

- Copied all images to the MFGTool-Dir/Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware/files/android/evk directory.
- In my case I used partition-table-7GB.img instead of partition-table.img.
- Double-clicked mfgtool2-android-mx8mq-evk-sd.vbs to write images to my 8GB SD card.
- After writing the images, boot the board.
- Set the U-Boot environment variables as follows:

U-Boot > setenv bootcmd boota mmc0
 U-Boot > setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 earlycon=imxuart,0x30860000,115200 init=/
 init video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080-32@60 androidboot.zygote=zygote64_32
 androidboot.console=ttymxc0 consoleblank=0 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=800M
 androidboot.selinux=permissive
 U-Boot > saveenv
 U-Boot > boot

Now I know my problem caused by bad HDMI monitor which unofficially supported 1920x1080 size.
Actually I swapped to the another monitor it worked without any problems.

Sorry for bother you.

0 Kudos
gabriel_h
Contributor V

Dear torus1000

You are not bothering me. We are here to help each other :smileyhappy:

You are welcome

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Team,

The i.MX8M  has not officially release neither Android or Linux BSP,   so the support from NXP in the public community it is not available yet. Once the product has been release, we were able to discuss the features and functionalities of the device and the enablement tools, like Android and Linux.  To avoid any confusion at the moment the information it is subject to change without any notice.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
gabriel_h
Contributor V

Dear jamesbone

According to this link

i.MX 8M Applications Processor | Arm Cortex-A53, Cortex-M4|NXP 

the i.MX8M is available for sale, and it seems like it has officially releases here

i.MX 8M Applications Processor | Arm Cortex-A53, Cortex-M4|NXP 

BR

Gabriel

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Torus,

Unfortunately the i.MX8M it is not release yet, so we do not have the tools to test and provide an answer. 

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos