キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

MCIMX7ULP-EVK android Mount Fail?

1,113件の閲覧回数
meb99
Contributor III

Hello, I am trying to get android source compiled and loaded onto the MCIMX7ULP-EVK board. I am using the latest Q10.0.0_2.5.0_ANDROID_SOURCE  from here

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/android-os-for-i-mx-applications...

I have compiled successfully with the instruction here

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/ANDROID_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

Though I did have to modify it to make it work per the thread here where it was missing files in certain locations

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/mkdtimg-No-such-file-or-directory/m-p/1193943#M166011

I then use fsl-sdcard-partition.sh which completes successfully though it always says 

Warning! Main and backup partition tables differ! Use the 'c' and 'e' options
on the recovery & transformation menu to examine the two tables.

Warning! One or more CRCs don't match. You should repair the disk!
Main header: OK
Backup header: ERROR
Main partition table: OK
Backup partition table: ERROR

but it will still complete. I have tried this on 3 different SD cards of sized 23, 64, and 256gb just out of curiosity and It always gives the same results.

Then when I insert eh sd card and try to run it has a veriety of failures

[ 2.775672] imx-rproc imx7ulp-cm4: failed to find syscon 

[ 3.530053] init: init first stage started!
[ 3.546541] init: [libfs_mgr]ReadDefaultFstab(): failed to find device default fstab

[ 13.756851] init: Failed to mount required partitions early ...
[ 13.858439] init: #00 pc 000a5f1c /init (match+19092)
[ 13.863666] init: #01 pc 00000daa <anonymous:0015f000>
[ 13.869174] init: Reboot ending, jumping to kernel
[ 13.874301] cfg80211: failed to load regulatory.db
[ 13.879927] ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.0: remove, state 1
[ 13.884404] usb usb1: USB disconnect, device number 1
[ 13.889717] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
[ 13.929236] ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.0: USB bus 1 deregistered
[ 13.935626] reboot: Restarting system with command 'bootloader'

then just restarts forever. 

I assume the boot error is related to the fsl-sdcard-partition.sh warnings. But I am not sure how to address them sense it still succeeds, and presumably the tables are correct, and it does the same thing with all the sd cards I can try. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

0 件の賞賛
4 返答(返信)

1,088件の閲覧回数
meb99
Contributor III

I appreciate the response Zhiming. Though I am a bit confused. The android quick start guide

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/ANDROID_QUICK_START_GUIDE.pdf

says ".MX 7ULP EVKB only supports the SD card as the target device, so it is not necessary to specify the target device when executing the uuu_imx_android_flash tool."

additionally the schematics look like you have to swap a few resistors to change from the SD card to the eMMC chip.

Does this mean the wifi capabilities can't be accessed on the android image until I swap over?  The demo linux image comes on the SD works fine. Does it not have wifi capabilities?

Thank you in advance

0 件の賞賛

1,093件の閲覧回数
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

It is described in the Android_Quick_Start_Guide as below, the default dtbo image is flashed by you, in this dtbo image, the hardware controller connected to the SD card slot is set to work with Wi-Fi expansion card, it cannot work with SD card.

So you need to flash the image to eMMC to boot up.

— To test MIPI-DSI to HDMI output, it does not need to use -d option. dtbo-imx8mm.img is flashed in

this condition to support Wi-Fi expansion card and this image does not support to be booted from the

SD card.

Best Regards

Zhiming

0 件の賞賛

465件の閲覧回数
Hakan
Contributor I

Hı, ı have the same problem. I dowlanded aosp and compiled succesfully. Then ı flashed images of aosp to my imx7ulp evk SD card. But ı saw same problem. What do ı solve this problem? 

0 件の賞賛

1,069件の閲覧回数
meb99
Contributor III

Thanks for the response. Though I am confused about a few things.

When you say "it cannot work with SD card"

do you mean the SD card on the large board? or are you referring to the microSD card near the imx7ulp chip that is the default way of booting and ships booting off of?

"So you need to flash the image to eMMC to boot up."

do you mean the actually eMMC chip that you have to swap the resistors to gain access to? or do you mean the microSD card accessed as an eMMC that the board is shipped with?

"dtbo-imx8mm.img" just to confirm you know I am on the imx7 board. Is this still applicable? The android quick start guide for the imx7ulpevk says that it is only compatible with the SD card and is not compatible with the eMMC

0 件の賞賛