MCIMX6ULL-EVK (USB OTG)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX6ULL-EVK (USB OTG)

fabrice_gannat
Contributor I
USB_OTG.jpgHello, the schema SPF-28616_C2.pdf from the host card (MCIMX6ULL-EVK) for the IMX6ULL shows on page 06/18 differents components unmounted for the power of USB.
I don't understand the following information "This block is reserved for USB OTG certification test"?
Could you explain why these components are required for USB certification and which test doesn't succeed if we don't add it?
Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

For USB certification tests, additional hardware may be required that could be optional on a regular design, so, in case of performing the certification tests, these hardware should be added/used. For additional complementary details, you take a look to the following Community document:

I.MX6 series USB Certification Guides 

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fabrice_gannat
Contributor I
Hello Carlos,
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have not found in the recommended documents, the information sought. Indeed, the USB tests were carried out on the MCIMX6SX-SDB and MCIMX6UL-EVK cards but not on the MCIMX6ULL-EVK (IMXUSBCUG.pdf) card. However the optional electrical mounting with the MIC5205 (5V USB) is present on all three cards. But I do not know if this montage is mounted for the certification, for what test and for what reason?
Best regards!
Fabrice.
0 Kudos