cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX6ULL-EVK - Buying different daughter cards

brianptl
Contributor III

Hi All,

We have a MCIMX6ULL-EVK dev kit. It comes with a daughter card marked 700-29364 REV A  / SCH-29364 REV A. The part number of the IMX6 reads MCIMX6Y2DVM09AA which according to this link does not support RGB video.

We would like to trial an LCD screen with the dev kit. The part number for the LCD in the quick start guide is: LCD8000-43T, however the link above suggests that the IMX6 that comes with the dev kit does not support video.

Is it possible to buy other daughter cards for the motherboard? Our preferred IMX6 would be MCIMX6Y2CVM08AB since we think it will fit our needs, but we would like to test our graphics etc out before committing to a custom board.

Thanks,

Brian.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

linda_zhang
Contributor IV

i.MX 6UL/6ULL RGB LCD can support video display. We are using MYIR's MYD-Y6ULX board, it also has an i.MX 6UL/6ULL SOM, the board can connect with a 4.3-inch LCD and display video.

MEasy HMI QT Demo on i.MX6UL/6ULL MYD-Y6ULX Development Board - YouTube  

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brian

i.MX6ULL differencies are described in AN5350 i.MX6ULL Migration Guide

and according to it lcd can be used with i.MX6ULL, RGB video is supported.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5350.pdf 

Its usage is described in sect.2.20. LCD daughter card

i.MX6ULL EVK Board Hardware User's Guide

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6ULLEVKHUG.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos