MCIMX6Q5EYM10AD temperature detection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX6Q5EYM10AD temperature detection

zhanghan
Contributor II

i use MCIMX6Q5EYM10AD in my design,I tested the chassis with my board at 70 degrees. And continue working for 15 minutes at 70 degrees.when i restart the calssis ,i  find my board Cannot load system properly. After connecting the serial port, the following print information is found.i find the highest temperature is 90 ,i know the MCIMX6Q5EYM10AD can accomodate to 105 ℃. so Can I remove the temperature detection part of uboot or raise the temperature threshold to solve this problem?

温度.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhang

one can try to tweak temperature thresholds in uboot/drivers/thermal/imx_thermal.c
imx_thermal.c\thermal\drivers - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

zhanghan
Contributor II

now i change the temperature to 100℃。Will this cause damage to the device?In fact, the board will not work at high temperatures for a long time.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

for processor allowable temperature please look at i.MX6Q Datasheet on

i.MX 6Quad Applications Processors | Quad Arm® Cortex®-A9 |NXP 

Also may be useful AN4579

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4579.pdf 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos