Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX6Q-SDB mfgtool2.exe loading ubuntu image; cannot detect as COM

Jump to solution
shenglianglu
Contributor I

Hi communities,

Capture.PNG.png

I set the SW6 to 00001100 and connect usb cables to J505 J509.

I'm using Windows 7 which does not have a Hyper terminal.

In addiction, the board is not able to be detected as a COM port.

anyone can help? I'm really new to this development board.

Thanks a lot!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look at my comments below.

The i.MX6 SDP / SDB design does not support the Serial Downloader mode directly.

According to section 4.1 (How to Enter Serial Download Mode for MFGTool)

of "i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf" :

"No dedicated boot dips are reserved for serial download mode on i.MX 6 SABRE-SD

boards. Therefore, a tricky method is used to enter serial download mode. For example,

set boot mode as SD3 boot (SW6 dip 2, 7 on others are off). Do not insert SD card into

SD3 slot, and power on the board. After "HID- Compliant device" is detected, it means

that the board has entered serial download mode. Insert the SD card into SD3 slot.

Another way to do this is to configure an invalid boot switch setting, for example, set all

the dips of SW6 to off."

For Windows 7 one can use the TeraTerm instead of HyperTerminal.

Also FTDI driver is needed.

http://www.ftdichip.com/

J505 is used for terminal
J509 – for USB loading.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look at my comments below.

The i.MX6 SDP / SDB design does not support the Serial Downloader mode directly.

According to section 4.1 (How to Enter Serial Download Mode for MFGTool)

of "i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf" :

"No dedicated boot dips are reserved for serial download mode on i.MX 6 SABRE-SD

boards. Therefore, a tricky method is used to enter serial download mode. For example,

set boot mode as SD3 boot (SW6 dip 2, 7 on others are off). Do not insert SD card into

SD3 slot, and power on the board. After "HID- Compliant device" is detected, it means

that the board has entered serial download mode. Insert the SD card into SD3 slot.

Another way to do this is to configure an invalid boot switch setting, for example, set all

the dips of SW6 to off."

For Windows 7 one can use the TeraTerm instead of HyperTerminal.

Also FTDI driver is needed.

http://www.ftdichip.com/

J505 is used for terminal
J509 – for USB loading.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
shenglianglu
Contributor I

thank for your reply, Yuri!

I tried install FTDI driver. Now it works.

the download finished with no error. but there is no boot showing up.

May I ask how to check debug info during booting? Can I check the boot log using debugger?

This is another question I post for futher help. wish you could give some suggestions :smileyhappy: thanks a lot

i.MX6 MfgTool build linux problem

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> how to check debug info during booting?

It is hard to provide exact recommendations - just looking over in I-net, thinking.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos
shenglianglu
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

I was using hyper terminal, which didn't provide debug info during booting. I changed to tera term. It works fine now.

Thanks again for your help

Best Regards,

Shengliang

0 Kudos