cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX6DLAICPU2 board will not boot with certain SD card

olafheemskerk
Contributor I

Hi All,

I have started to work with the MCIMX6DLAICPU2 board and I have successfully build an sdcard image using the information found in the imx-yocto-L4.14.98_2.0.0_ga i.MX Yocto project user's guide.

I have successfully loaded the sdcard image on a Sony 16GB SDHC card, class 10,  and the board and software boot correctly.

Before getting to this stage, I was using a Samsung 32GB EVO Plus micro SDHC card, also class 10, with an SDCard convertor. When using the Samsung card, the board would not boot.

I have tried all 4 SD speed selection options using the S1-9 and S1-10, but none of these work.

Since I can program the Samsung card and read out the information on my development PC, I know that the card has been programmed and does work.

Is there any information available or does anybody know why the Samsung card does not work with the Sabre board?

In addition, are there restrictions on what kind of SDcards can  be used with the Sabre board.

Thanks in advance,

Olaf Heemskerk

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Olaf,

The iMX6D support boot from SD, MMC, eSD, and eMMC via eSDHC interface. 
Supports all types of cards: high capacity, standard capacity, dual-voltage and high voltage. — Supports eSD fast boot and eMMC boot mode via all eSDHC ports eSDHC of i.MX6x supports SDHC Card(SD High Capacity Card) According to 
sect "Features" i.MX6 Reference Manual eSDHC module "Compatible with the SD Memory 
Card Specification version 2.0 and supports the High Capacity SD Memory Card" 
Please note that according to the manual Supports:
• 1-bit or 4-bit transfer mode specifications for SD and SDIO cards up to
UHS-I SDR104 mode (104MB/s max)
• 1-bit, 4-bit, or 8-bit transfer mode specifications for MMC cards up to
52MHz in both SDR and DDR modes (104MB/s max)

Regards 
0 Kudos

olafheemskerk
Contributor I

Thanks,

this was information I hadn't seen yet.

Unfortunately I still can't find why the Samsung sd card does not work.

Regards

Olaf

0 Kudos