cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX287CVM4B BURN OUT

luanviegasbottc
Contributor I

Hello,

The company I work in uses the MCIMX287CVM4B processor in one of the products, and recently we are getting several reports of burning this processor. In normal operation, in the field, the equipment simply shuts off and will not work again.
In laboratory analysis, we noticed that the balls K2 and K3 are short for the GND. We use these pins as lcd data. In some cases the pin k8 is also short with these balls.What may be occurring?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luan

this may be caused by esd issues so one can try to add

additional esd protection diodes on i.mx28 side on all lcd cable lines.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

luanviegasbottc
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Unfortunately the problem is not that simple. This equipment passed in ESD test, made in a credenciated lab.
One thing we can observe is that some of these boards is short circuited to USB_ID too. So, we have tried to burn a board thru this way, appling 24V in thin pin, going to the same result.
I don´t know why this occur yet, but we think maybe this could be the source of our problem.

0 Kudos