cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC34PF4210A1ES is not Powering ON

mat87
Contributor I

Hi NXP Team,

We have developed our own board based on iMX8 EVKB with minor tweaks but no change on Power side and everything is same as per EVKB. 

As per our initial testing the MC34PF4210A1ES is not turning ON. Its the same chip used on NXP EVKB with same "A1" variant. Please note that NVCC_3V3 is working at 3.34V. As per the measurement PWRON pin is at 0.1V, that is same voltage as we have observed on EVKB MC34PF4210A1ES chip PWRON but in our case MC34PF4210A1ES is showing no outputs.

Please have a look on attached snapshot and let us know if you will have any comments on if you want us to test anything else.

Also, I would like to know the default state for "PWRON_CFG". 

mat87_0-1694195541742.png

Kind regards,

Muhammad Awais

0 Kudos
5 Replies

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

The PWRON_CFG = 0, which means that the pin is a level-sensitive input, an active high signal turns on the part, and an active low signal turns off the part or puts it into sleep mode.

I will send the A1 - Sample Configuration (Manual OTP Programming) directly to your email.

Could you verify that jumper J26 is open? and also could you send a scope of your PWRON signal?

Regards

0 Kudos

mat87
Contributor I

Hi,

If PWRON_CFG = 0 then yes we need to set PWRON pin = 1 to turn ON the PMIC. I will get back to you with the exact voltage levels on PWRON pin. As per our initial testing it was at low voltage, though we have a 100K pullup connected to NVCC_SNVS_3V3, also we observed the same voltage level on Evaluation board. 

Can you please clarify where exactly is the J26?

Thanks

0 Kudos

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Sorry, regarding the J26 it was my mistake, I got confused with another board. 

Please let me know your results.

0 Kudos

mat87
Contributor I

Hi Joseph,

EVK is properly showing the core voltages but no output is available on MC34PF4210A1ES on our board. Also, do you think there is any other pin that may result in halting the chip to turn ON, would be nice to know if we are ignoring any other pin. 

Also, I am unable to get any info about "PWRON_CFG" under OTP so it would be nice to know its state for first time using the chip. 

0 Kudos

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products,

I'm looking for particular values of OTP's A1, in the meantime.

Did you checked core voltages against EVK?

Regards

0 Kudos