MC34708 BP voltage range MINIMUM value?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC34708 BP voltage range MINIMUM value?

TedMichon
Contributor I

I am designing a system that will use an MC34708 without a battery to run an i.MX537.

I cannot find anything that tells me what the MINIMUM operating voltage is for BP except a web page on freescale.com that gives a table of parameters for all 4 flavors of this PMIC (it says 3.0 to 4.5V). I would be much happier if I could find this info in the PMIC data sheet.

We need to know if there are any issues running our system on 3.3V. I am trying to use the QuickStart design with as little modification as possible to get this product into production ASAP. The power system seems dauntingly complex for a newbie.

-Ted

0 Kudos
1 Reply

TedMichon
Contributor I

FYI: We eventually determined that while the Freescale website item does say that the Freescale PMIC will run on 3.0 to 4.5 volts that in fact IT WILL NOT. The basic problem is that that the PMIC will not start up if the low voltage detect is triggered (which it would be at 3.3V) and that the trigger level cannot be changed until after the PMIC starts up. (Catch-22). We were sorely disappointed and have switched to the less supported LTC device.

-Ted

0 Kudos