Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC1321x with i.MX6

Jump to solution
atillametetured
Contributor V

Hello,

Plannig to build a ZigBee soution for a custom hardware with i.MX6Q. I have been looking at products from different vendors and was

wondering if MC1321 is a considerable partner for i.MX6Q. Just want to hear your general opinion about the subject.

Thanks,

Mete

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Generally, yes, it is possible to use the MC1321x series parts in a i.MX6Q based platform. However, please note that all of the early MC132xx ZigBee parts are now considered as Not recommended for new designs. The general replacement for them are the ARM-based Kinetis W series microcontrollers:

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/kinetis-cortex-m/w-series...

They also can be used as a partner chips for i.MX6Q.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Generally, yes, it is possible to use the MC1321x series parts in a i.MX6Q based platform. However, please note that all of the early MC132xx ZigBee parts are now considered as Not recommended for new designs. The general replacement for them are the ARM-based Kinetis W series microcontrollers:

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/kinetis-cortex-m/w-series...

They also can be used as a partner chips for i.MX6Q.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

atillametetured
Contributor V

Hello Artur,

Thank you very much for your answer. I am looking into these modules and was bit confused why MC1321 series

were acting like ghosts on your site appearing and disappearing in places. That clears it up.

Best Regards,

Mete

0 Kudos