cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPBGA footprint

fluiss
Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm searching for any kind of information about the i.MX28 MAPBGA package. Datasheet says nothing about Paste Mask and Solder Mask expansion. As it is the first time I'm going to work with BGA I would like to pay special attention to every detail at the design stage.

Thx!!

Fernando

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ManuMartinez
Contributor I

I also have Altium: not Allegro. I asked a colleague who has Allegro which was the pad diameter of the balls.

Regards!

0 Kudos

fluiss
Contributor I

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the help. I use Altium and it has an importer of Allegro files but don't work if Allegro is not already installed in the computer and I can't take a look to the gerber files coming with the EVK. So very useful your comments!

cheers

0 Kudos

fear_nada
Contributor II

hi i use

pad: 0.4mm for top and 0.5 for top mask

for wire 0.1

for via 0.2mm\0.4mm

0 Kudos

ManuMartinez
Contributor I

Fernando,

as land pattern I've used the same value used in the EVK: 12mil. But I suspect that 13mil will be also appropiate.

With 4mil width/space for tracks and 8mil/16mil pad/hole for vias: the minimum reliable track/space for mask has been 0.08mm, in my case. DON'T FORGET TO COMPLETELY TENT  ALL THE VIAS UNDER THE BGA COMPONENTS. Regarding to the solder mask: I didn't put anything and my assembler did it for me.

My custom board works right. On any case I've planned to buy some IPC standards in order to be sure of what I'm doing on next designs.

Hope be helpful.

Manu.

0 Kudos