Low cost i.MX6 dev board with MIPI-CSI2?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low cost i.MX6 dev board with MIPI-CSI2?

mindchasers
Contributor III

What is the lowest cost i.mx6 development board that supports a camera interface with four lanes of MIPI-CSI2?

Also, I need it to have Yocto support.

Thank you,

Bob

0 Kudos
5 Replies

mindchasers
Contributor III

Having looked at this a little more, I'm also open to using something other than i.MX6.  i.MX8 may be the better choice.  The important thing here is a robust CSI-2 connector, an existing camera to test it with, and good Yocto support. 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

for i.MX8 one can look on

i.MX 8 Series Applications Processors | Arm® Cortex®-A72/A53/A35/M4 cores | NXP 

click on processor, then on "Development Boards" on left side of page

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert

for low cost boards one can look for example on

Homepage - Wandboard 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mindchasers
Contributor III

Thank you Igor.  This might work.  

I was looking at the EDM-iMX6 schematic, and on page 6 it shows a MIPI Camera Connector: FP124-334M4.

I searched on this connector, but it came up empty.  If we buy your board(s), we need to interface to the connector.  Please let me know who makes it and what it will mate with (e.g., cable).  Being able to mate with the connector to a board my company is building is a critical issue.

http://download.wandboard.org/wandboard-imx6/documentation/wbquad-revb1-userguide.pdf 

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert

these boards are not supported by NXP, this may be posted on Wandboard Wiki 

NXP supports only own i.MX6 reference boards, like Sabre SD, Sabre AI :

i.MX Evaluation and Development Boards | NXP 

Best regards
igor