Location of definition of IOMUXC_BASE_PTR?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of definition of IOMUXC_BASE_PTR?

djregan
Contributor III

Hello IMX Community,

I have a really quick question...

For folks using Pin Tools v4 with IMX6ULL: Where is the definition of 'IOMUXC_BASE_PTR' within auto-generated source files 'iomux_config.c', 'iomux_config.h'?

It doesn't appear to be defined in any SDK_2.2_MCIM6ULL source sub-folders. The closest definition I've been able to locate is 'IOMUXC_BASE_PTRS' defined in SDK_2.2_MCIM6ULL/devices/MCIMX6Y2/MCIMX6Y2.h (for example).

Anyone else have an issue locating the definition for 'IOMUXC_BASE_PTR' within 'iomux_config.c'?

Thanks much in advance,

--DJ Regan

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
5 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

According to Pins tool documentation (User_Manual), the tool just provides some basic

code and device tree files, that should be adapted for customer's specific design.   

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer

button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

djregan
Contributor III

Hi Yuri,

In other communications that I have had with NXP, there was implication that this tool could be used with the IMX6ULL SDK.

However, the reality is... even when developers use this tool with the mx6ull evk as a hardware platform, and use NXP IMX6ULL SDK... Pin Tools auto-generated output files do not build out-of-the box. And, in my opinion... that is unfortunate.

NXP could offer at least one single reference design for which the Pin Tools auto-generated source could simple work out-of-the-box. If Pin Tools doesn't work out-of-the-box with the IMX6ULL SDK... that's fine... make it work with uBoot, if not uBoot... that's fine... try to make it work out-of-the-box with Linux kernel.

This is just my opinion. :smileyhappy: As I said in my earlier post above... we were able to get it to build. However, knowing that this is the correct or best way to solve the build errors is an entirely different question.

Thanks Yuri,

--DJ

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the problem is, that different versions of BSP appear very often. It is hard to reflect 

all features and changes. Therefore a generic code is provided.  

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

djregan
Contributor III

Hi Yuri... 

Ok understood. We'll make of it what we can sir.

Appreciate it Yuri!

--DJ

0 Kudos

djregan
Contributor III

Side Note:  The definition for 'IOMUXC_SNVS_BASE_PTR' is also missing from 'iomux_config.c'.

If we add the following definitions to the top of "iomux_config.c", then build errors are eliminated...

#define IOMUXC_BASE_PTR IOMUXC

#define IOMUXC_SNVS_BASE_PTR IOMUXC_SNVS

...however, I'd like to get confirmation that adding the above defines is an acceptable approach to resolve missing definitions for 'IOMUXC_BASE_PTR' and 'IOMUXC_SNVS_BASE_PTR'. Thoughts?

Thanks much in advance,

--DJ Regan

0 Kudos