cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location for writing SPL in different boot devices

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi ,

In the reference manual ,  Boot_CFG1[7:4] are used for Boot device selection.  What will be location for writing the SPL

in different boot devices like Nor Flash , Nand , eMMC etc.  Could you please refer any document having these details.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya,

The booting information is in chapter 8 of Reference Manual. There you will find what you need about the boot process.

Regarding your question, SPL is not changing when you change the booting source, it is the fuses that you must configure.

When the imx boot, the romcode will run on first instance, it will read the fuses and will look for te boot source depending on the fuses configuration.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi Carlos ,

Probably I could not clarify the question. My question is , when I am writing the SPL over SDcard , I write it over the 1K location using the below command . 

sudo dd if=SPL of=${DISK} seek=1 bs=1k

My question is , when this booting devices gets changed obviously as per the fuse settings , like Nand Flash ,

then at what location SPL need to be written , will  it be the same or different.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya,

It does change, I assume you have already downloaded the Documentation package of the BSP that you are using. Please take a look to chapter 4.6 Flash memory maps on i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf

If you don't have this documentation please let me know the MCU and the Linux version you are using and I will let you know where to get it.

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos