cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Streaming on sabre SD board from remote Camera

nvkumar
Contributor I

Hello,

I have been trying to build a pipeline using appsrc and sdlvideosink. This appsrc receives data over ethernet from another camera device. The size of one frame from camera is 614400 bytes. This pipeline works fine on my linux system(ubuntu -12.04), but when I run it on imx freescale sabre SD board(ubuntu-11.10), the gstreamer application crashes. The reason for the crash is that appsrc signals for "enough-data" and hence stop feed function gets called. It means gstreamer buffer is not getting cleared at proper time.

And so it is not pushing 614400 bytes of data to the sink.

I am not able to understand how this works on pc and not on freescale sabre SD board. Please suggest solutions on the same.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vinay

i.MX6 is just small processor so you can not expect that

everything which runs on desktop PC, blowing hundreds Watts

of energy, will run on it smoothly. For streaming please refer below

GStreamer RTP Streaming

GStreamer i.MX6 Camera Streaming

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nvkumar
Contributor I

Hello,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. We tried the pipeline provided in the below link as suggested by you.

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93804

The streaming was done from one imx6Q board to another imx6Q board embedded with ov5640 camera. The data format supported

was 640*480.

The pipeline works fine, but the problem is, The response at the other end is very slow. It gets delayed by 3-4 seconds.

we tried increasing the frame rate to 30fps on the client side, even though the data is delayed.

After the application is closed at client's end, we get following gstreamer warning and debug messages:

there may be timestamping problem or your processor is too slow.

there are lot of packet drops

Request you to suggest some solution on the same.

0 Kudos