cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux BSP 5.4.3_1.0.0: missing dts nodes for iMX8QM

pierluigi_p
Contributor V

Hi All,

inspecting the BSP code we recognized a list of missing nodes previously available in Linux BSP 4.14.98.

A preliminary list of these nodes is

- i2c4

- lpspi1

- lpuart4

Is there any restriction / constraint leading to these missing?

Thanks

Best Regards

Pier

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

pierluigi_p
Contributor V

Hi Rita,
here the dts i2c4 and lpuart4 nodes I'm referring to:
- i2c4: fsl-imx8qm-device.dtsi\freescale\dts\boot\arm64\arch - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 
- lpuart4: fsl-imx8qm-device.dtsi\freescale\dts\boot\arm64\arch - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 
The lpspiX nodes were already missing in previous 4.14.xx BSPs but we (wrongly) understood they were going to be included in newer kernel releases.
Is there any plan to include the missing nodes in future 5.x releases?
Thanks
Best Regards
Pier

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pier,

I know what you want. But here you mean missing, maybe not real missing. As the i.MX8QM is very complex, some nodes as you mentioned maybe use by other core, so they are not included in the kernel you see. We do not know the next version BSP define. Here recommend you to use the default define in BSP, not to use the one do not exist, you will meet unknown error.

Hope this can do help for you.

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Rita

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pier,

I have confirmed the Linux BSP 4.14.98.2.2.0 and only found the - lpuart4, no found the other two. But in the BSP 5.4.3_1.0.0 there is no - lpuart4.

I do not know which file you see these in the Linux BSP 4.14.98. The Linux BSP 5.4.3_1.0.0 for i.MX8QM there is no restriction, recommend you to use the default and no change, because the i.MX8QM is very complex.

Hope this can do help for you.

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Rita

0 Kudos