cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last frame freezing while streaming video

Subodh_K
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am working on a project which is based on i.MX6Q board . It has a camera module which is on MIPI CSI2 interface .

When i stream a video using gstreamer command the last frame is freezing when i use CTRL+C to terminate the streaming.

when i use mfw_vl4sink with device=/dev/video17 it's working fine but when i change it to video16 or video18 or video19 it freezes.

gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc device=/dev/video1 capture-mode=4  ! mfw_v4lsink device=/dev/video17

And also we want to display a video on LCD and HDMI both using a single source using gstreamer command.In that case also it not clearing the last frame of buffer.

Some where in source code of vl4_sink it's given to clear it using system("cat /dev/zero > /dev/fb2\n"); but still not able to get it done.

Command for multi display(LCD+HDMI)

gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc device=/dev/video1 capture-mode=4 ! tee name=splitter ! queue ! mfw_v4lsink device=/dev/video17 splitter. ! queue ! mfw_v4lsink device=/dev/video18

0 Kudos
4 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, could you please specify which board and BSP are you using in order to try to recreate your issue?

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos

Subodh_K
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

I am using imx6Q sabresd board and kernel version is 3.10-17 of Yocto 1.6 daisy branch  SDK.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have internally discussed this case with our experts, and they say that video18 is BG, frame buffer is default open, you need to turn of it manually with: echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank

Or you can show second video to /dev/video19, which is the FG, will turn off when close v4l2 device, but this is the overlay, performance is worse than video18.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you please share the commands/bootargs that you are applying for configuring the clone screens?

Best regards!

/Carlos.

0 Kudos