cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVDS panel power up sequence

gragopoulos
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to integrate a 10.1" lvds lcd panel into a custom imx6d board. I am using the 3.10.17-r0 kernel. The panel itself doesn't need any configuration but it requires external power supplies with specific power-up sequence. The question is where and how to implement this operation. I can write a new driver for this but how can I integrate it with ldb? As far as I have understand the final driver is the mxc_ldb in the linux-3.0.35.imx-4.1.0/drivers/video/mxc directory. The ldb is initialized quite early before all the regulators are registered in the kernel (one power rail is coming from PFUZE100 which requires I2C bus to be ready before ldb initialization). If I write a custom driver outside the display system how the display system will know about it? For example when the ldb_suspend is called the power down sequence should start and the opposite for ldb_resume.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Ioannis

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ioannis

you can add turning ON lvds panel in Uboot

lowlevel_init.S or mx6q_sabresd.c.

Even you does not use lvds, i.MX6 should power

NVCC_LVDS_2P5. So I do not see much sense to

turn it off in ldb_suspend.

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos