LVDS display EDID i2c required?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVDS display EDID i2c required?

dluberger
Contributor V

I'm having a custom display fabricated that I want to be compatible with the imx6sx sabresd LVDS display connection. I notice there is a separate EDID I2C pair apart from the touchscreen I2C interface lines. 

Is the EDID data connection required? I will already know my display resolution ahead of time, so I have no need for annunciation of display capabilities.  Will this work?  Additionally, if EDID is required, can I simply use the touchscreen I2C bus since the EDID and touchscreen controller will be at different addresses? I am otherwise maintaining the exact same pinout as the LVDS connector on the imx6sx sabresd board.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

I believe you are right, i2c may be used for touchscreen or setting

some additional lcd parameters.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dluberger
Contributor V

Thanks for the response. Can you tell me though whether EDID i2c connection is required for an LVDS display to work on the imx6sx sabresd board?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

in general it is not required, for this specific lcd may be recommended to check its datasheet.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

dluberger
Contributor V

As I said, this is a custom LCD. What I'm asking is whether the processor LVDS display peripheral requires the EDID connection. In other words, if I plug in an LVDS display with no EDID data line, will it work?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>whether the processor LVDS display peripheral requires the EDID connection

no. i.MX6 LDB module does not require EDID.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos