Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVDS colors washed out / pale / desaturated on i.MX6

Jump to solution
mickm
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to diagnose the cause of washed out color on an 18-bit LVDS panel connected to a Boundary Nitrogen 6x board.

The panel works fine using the Nitrogen's HDMI output, via a Realtek RTD2662 HDMI-to-LVDS board that came with the display. But when it is connected directly to the Nitrogen's LVDS the colors are very washed out / pale / desaturated and/or the contrast is low.

Looking at the attached pictures, does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem? Both pictures are running Freescale Ubuntu Linux from boundarydevices.com. The LVDS picture is using "video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,1024x600M@60,if=RGB666" in the kernel command line which matches the specs of the display.

w49t0i5h.jpg

UKUoXN5h.jpg

Mick

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mickm
Contributor I

For anyone who is having a similar issue: the fix was to use if=RGB24 instead of if=RGB666 in the video= clause. It's an 18-bit panel but I guess it wants its input in 24-bit (?).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mickm
Contributor I

For anyone who is having a similar issue: the fix was to use if=RGB24 instead of if=RGB666 in the video= clause. It's an 18-bit panel but I guess it wants its input in 24-bit (?).

0 Kudos