cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVDS and HDMI Dual display in i.MX8MPlus

kunal_003
Contributor III

Hi,

We are using i.MX8M Plus based design where in we have two display. We have HDMI and LDB(lvds) display in our system. Keeping both the display in the system, I want to play the video over HDMI using gstreamer plugin. I am able to play video over HDMI if I disable/remove the LVDS display from devicetree, this is because the default display sink in this case would be HDMI. However, If I try to play video with LVDS enabled, then I am not able to play that video over HDMI.

Below are the pipeline that plays video over HDMI with LVDS disabled in devicetree:

1. gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:/home/root/sample-mp4-file.mp4
  2. gst-play-1.0 sample-mp4-file.mp4

Can anyone please suggest how to play video specifically over HDMI even though dual displays are on in the system?

Also, I am trying for a pipeline that works gracefully with 4k resolution as well. Can anyone from NXP suggest verified pipeline for 4k?

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos
3 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what bsp version do you use?

0 Kudos

kunal_003
Contributor III

Hi @joanxie,

We are using imx-yocto-L5.4.70_2.3.0 BSP.

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can use hdmi via mipi dsi and lvds via lvds port, did you try this? and when you enable dual display with wayland, you should can find the weston windows on the dual display, open it and use the gplay-1.0 xxx.mp4 commands there

0 Kudos