Did you mean: 

LVDS + HDMI clone mode from IPU

rick_man
Contributor II

Hi , 

We have gone through all the device tree and forums, 

i.mx6q Enable Dual Display of Ubuntu 

imx6q dual display LVDS +HDMI has problem `

We have the DUAL lvds clone mode already working but we want LVDS + HDMI to work in clone mode. 

Any help on this regards will help, 

Thanks,

-Rick.

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rick

unfortunately such case is not supported in nxp bsps, maybe helps attached experimental patch for L3.0.35,

display cloning use case for i.MX6DQ SabreAI:  sending the same IPU DI content to LVDS and HDMI, in the same time.
For example, have IPU0 DI0 to drive both LDB and HDMI.

Video parameters should be: video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB24 ldb=sin0 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1024x768@60,if=RGB24

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sergei_p
Contributor III

Hello Igor,

Could you please comment on the status of such use case (IMX6Q clone LVDS/LCD display to HDMI) in the recent NXP 4.14.78 BSP? Does it have such use case?

Thanks!

Regards,

Sergei

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergei

no it is not officially supported.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

xiaolong_zhang
Contributor II

i have the same problem. my kernel 3.0.35,cpu imx.6Q, QT4.8.5; i get the patch,but it can not  disaply in the same time.

0 Kudos

sergei_p
Contributor III

I'm sorry for being so stubborn, but here is what I see in the Android N7.1.2_2.0.0 Release notes document, Table 2 "Features":

UI (dual display,
LVDS+HDMI, UI
mirror displayed
on second
device)

This feature is supported on the IMX6Q boards for Android, out-of-box.

Could please someone explain, on the technical level, what needs to be done in the Linux kernel to get the LCD/HDMI mirrored mode working on Linux? Perhaps, I need to configure IPU to use the same ipu_id and display_id for both controllers?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

dual display is described in sect.3.4.3 Booting with dual displays: LVDS and HDMI displays

attached Android_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf found on

i.MX Software | NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos