cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTIB installation on Ubuntu 14.04 openssl error

rudra
Contributor II

Hello all, 

I am installing LTIB L2.6.35_1.1.0_130130_source on my Ubuntu 14.04 machine. I have also tried with the 12.04 version. I am having below errors

POD document had syntax errors at /usr/bin/pod2man line 71.
make: *** [install_docs] Error 255

These packages failed to build:
OpenSSL

Further digging I came to know that this error is with openssl-1.0.1c version and Perl version 5. I have Perl 5.18.2 installed. Some suggest that is this error occurs while installing the documents/man, I should only install the software and not the documentation. I also tried to change the Makefile in /ltib/rpm/BUILD/openssl-1.0.1c  directory with make install_sw only. But somehow the Makefile gets generated every time I build and but the error continues. 

Need one more suggestion - This may sound dumb question  :smileyhappy:

We have working Linux build with kernel version 2.6 from past few years. But due to some changes in the eMMC Flash, Unfortunately, we don't have the old build set up with us. We are able to create bootable SD card with old rootfs but with driver errors.we need change few things like kernel argument and drivers.

So should we go with LTIB or Yocto, as many forums favor yocto. But I am not sure about yocto with the older version of the kernel.

Any help is appreciated, Please suggest.

Best Regards, 

Hemant Raut

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hemant Vasantrao Raut,

LTIB is a bit tricky and the latest Ubuntu version in which I have seen it run correctly has been Ubuntu 12.04. There is a script on the Communities to install the different packages required by Ubuntu 12.04 that may be helpful. In the worst case scenario you may switch to Ubuntu 12.04 and try it there.

Yocto should be easier to use and maintain since it runs on newer systems in a much more reliable way. As for the kernel version it would depend on your processor. There is a 2.6.5 kernel available for the i.MX28 EVK in the Dora branch of the Community BSP. I haven’t searched on the newer branches but at least there is some support for older kernels in Dora. You can find more information about the community BSP here:

http://freescale.github.io/

For using dora please initialize the repo using:

$ repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b dora

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos