cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTIB build problems on UBUNTU

EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

I'm just getting started with i.MX53 QSB.  I have a machine dedicated for the iMX53 builds that I installed UBUNTU DESKTOP 12.04 LTS.  I then pulled down

L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source_bundle.tar.gz from the

i.MX53 Software and Development Tool Resources page and I *believe* I followed the instructions as outlined on http://www.imxdev.org/wiki/index.php?title=All_Boards_LTIB and http://www.imxdev.org/wiki/index.php?title=ALL_Boards_ltib_config_u... .  

Attempting to run ltib -c at that point caused an error that indicated that zlib was not available even though it was installed.  I found information at this site:

http://theembeddedsystems.blogspot.com/2011/11/install-ltib-in-ubun...

That got me over that hump, and tried ltib -c again.

I get the following error:

Installing host support packages.

This only needs to be done once per host, but may take up to
an hour to complete ...

If an error occurs, a log file with the full output may be found in:
/home/els/imx53/ltib/host_config.log

Exiting on error or interrupt
Please see >> /home/els/imx53/ltib/host_config.log for details

and the host_config.log file says:

rpmdb: --force-debian: unknown option
Died at ./ltib line 2341.
traceback:
 main::setup_rpmdb:2341
  main::check_rpm_setup:2404
   main::host_checks:1424
    main:542

Started: Fri Jul  6 11:24:33 2012
Ended:   Fri Jul  6 11:24:34 2012
Elapsed: 1 seconds

Build Failed

Seems like this is more trouble than it should be.  Has anyone built LTIB on the latest UBUNTU or am I just doing something wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Randy,

Thanks for the pointer, I had seen some of the pages below that topic, but not all of them.  I tried applying the patch referenced there, didn't seem to matter.  Its hard to tell if the patch is even appropriate because the diffs don't match up.  I had to manually insert the patch at a different line number in the ltib script.

I'm getting the "gut" feeling that trying to build LTIB on a recent version of UBUNTU is a mistake.  Has anyone out there done this??

Ed

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Interesting.  Sheesh, I hope I don't have to start over again with an older ubuntu install.  :-(

0 Kudos

IvicaEftimovski
Contributor III

I had problems with 12.04 LTS too.

I had updated to the LTS and was able to compile the minimalistic configuration, but I had problems compiling the Python package when I switched to the "FSL gnome configuration".

Now mind you, mine was an update from Ubuntu 11.04. with LTIB already installed and running  - not a fresh install like you.

Due to the fact I could not resolve the Python issue, I went back to my old Ubuntu (it had a backup copy of my virtual machine).

0 Kudos