cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTIB build fails because of Perl dependencies

mg
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm trying to add openssh to my LTIB Linux build, but the build is failing because of Perl dependencies.

Here is the build error message:

Processing files: openssl-1.0.1c-1

Finding  Provides: (using /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/lib/rpm/find-provides)...

Finding  Requires: (using /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/lib/rpm/find-requires)...

Provides: lib4758cca.so libaep.so libatalla.so libcapi.so libchil.so libcrypto.so.1.0.0 libcswift.so libgmp.so libgost.so libnuron.so libpadlock.so libssl.so.1.0.0 libsureware.so libubsec.so

PreReq: rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1 rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1

Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1 rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1

Requires: /bin/sh /usr/bin/perl libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.7) libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.4) libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.5) perl(File::Basename) perl(Getopt::Std) perl(IO::Handle) perl(WWW::Curl::Easy) perl(strict) perl(vars)

Wrote: /opt/ltib_imx6/ltib/rpm/RPMS/arm/openssl-1.0.1c-1.arm.rpm

Executing(%clean): /bin/sh -e /opt/ltib_imx6/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.80224

+ umask 022

+ cd /opt/ltib_imx6/ltib/rpm/BUILD

+ cd openssl-1.0.1c

+ rm -rf /opt/ltib_imx6/ltib/tmp/openssl

+ exit 0

Executing(--clean): /bin/sh -e /opt/ltib_imx6/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.80224

+ umask 022

+ cd /opt/ltib_imx6/ltib/rpm/BUILD

+ rm -rf openssl-1.0.1c

+ exit 0

Build time for openssl: 95 seconds

sudo /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --root /opt/ltib_imx6/ltib/rootfs --dbpath /var/lib/rpm -e --allmatches --nodeps --define '_tmppath /tmp/ltib' openssl 2>/dev/null

sudo /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --root /opt/ltib_imx6/ltib/rootfs --dbpath /var/lib/rpm --prefix / --ignorearch -ivh --force --excludedocs --define '_tmppath /tmp/ltib' /opt/ltib_imx6/ltib/rpm/RPMS/arm/openssl-1.0.1c-1.arm.rpm

error: failed dependencies:

perl(IO::Handle)   is needed by openssl-1.0.1c-1

perl(WWW::Curl::Easy)   is needed by openssl-1.0.1c-1

f_buildrpms() returned an error, exiting

traceback:

main:572

Started: Fri Jun 13 10:57:07 2014

Ended:   Fri Jun 13 11:05:20 2014

Elapsed: 493 seconds

Build Failed

Exiting on error or interrupt

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What libraries/modules am I missing?

I've tried adding perl-5.8.8.tar.gz in /opt/freescale/pkgs as well as enabled perl in the config screen, but it hasn't helped.

Here's my setup:

- Reference board used: Sabre SD board - MCIMX6Q SDB

- Kernel version: LTIB Linux 3.0.35

Thanks,

Mithun

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

gusarambula,  Check this is out!

0 Kudos

mg
Contributor I

Sorry, was there an attachment or a link?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The LTIB host setup depends a lot on the Ubuntu distribution you’re using. As you might have noticed Ubuntu 9.04 is the recommended version although it’s a bit outdated.

Some of the users in the community have been able to install LTIB successfully on Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.04 with some tweaks.  Which version are you using?

In case you are using Ubuntu 12.04 please install the patch found on the following document:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93455

In case you are using Ubuntu 13.04 install this patch and perform the tweaks on the answer to the following thread:

https://community.freescale.com/message/375198#375198

0 Kudos

deanmatsen
Contributor I

I am having this issue on 10.04.

I've no idea why, but if I execute

./ltib -m prep -p openssl

./ltib

Then it succeeds.  But if I don't prep the package first, something fails afterward.  For example:

rm -rf rpm/BUILD/openssl*

rm -rf rpm/RPMS/arm/openssl*

./ltib

I noticed that even when it fails with all those perl dependencies, the rpm has already been built.  It's breaking during the installation I think, when it tries to compute the "find-requires".  Somehow, having the source tree around causes the find-requires part to pass for me.

Anyway, perhaps this is why people are having trouble reproducing this and saying "it works for me".  Probably anyone trying to solve this problem would prep the package and work on the openssl source, masking the problem.

If anyone can explain what's really going on here, please do tell.

0 Kudos

mg
Contributor I

I forgot to mention:

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 and I am able to successfully build the kernel if I don't include openssh.

It's only when I add openssh that I run into problems.

Are there any patches for 9.04?

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello M.G.

Do you think  you can share the configuration that you use in your LTIB,  you can review in the details of the package the depencys that need to be selected in order to get the SSH to compile. I think you are missing a package in order to get the kernel build.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mg
Contributor I

I'm not sure which configuration files you would like to see, but I have attached 2 which I could find relevant.

I've renamed them as .config1 and .config2.

.config1 -> /opt/ltib_imx6/ltib/rpm/BUILD/linux-3.0.35/.config

.config2 -> /opt/ltib_imx6/ltib/config/platform/imx/.config

Let me know if you were looking for some other files, and where I can find them.

0 Kudos