[LG GEN12] question for mkimage build log.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LG GEN12] question for mkimage build log.

Jump to solution
Jessie_Lee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI All.

our customer is LG.

i.MX8DXL + L5.4.70_2.3.7 BSP

from image build, 

we could get below log. 

WARNING: !!! Booting with an image for the wrong DXL Rev will PERMANENTLY DAMAGE YOUR BOARD !!!

and from the source folder's bb file. ./meta-imx/meta-bsp/recipes-bsp/imx-mkimage/imx-boot_1.0.bb

Jessie_Lee_0-1652870797933.png

Jessie_Lee_1-1652870807886.png

what 's meaning of this log?

and according to this bb file, IS_DXL was false but IS_DXL_mx8dxl with true. 

could you please help how above log could be printed?

if $(IS_DXL)  ==> does it mean " IS_DXL || IS_DXL_mx8dxl " ?

Thank you

BRs

jessie

0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls see this

https://jira.sw.nxp.com/browse/YOCIMX-5999

"For the zeus 5.4 release, the old machine is removed entirely, so the user will only see an error for that. The warning is still valid.

For the hardknott 5.10 release, only the A1 is supported and nothing is yet cherry-picked. A new ticket YOCIMX-6022 is created to do the cherry-picking."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

it seems that L5.4.70_2.3.7 BSP isn't the GA version, I checked the bb file in my 5.15 bsp source code, I don't find this, refer to the L5.4.70_2.3.2 release note, this bsp supports i.MX 8DXL EVK Board (Proto1B with A1 only), and for building 8dxl board, customer needs to use "mx8dxlevk" as machine name, refer to your description, $(IS_DXL) stands for  IS_DXL , not for IS_DXL_mx8dxl , and  IS_DXL is fault and IS_DXL_mx8dxl is true

0 Kudos
Jessie_Lee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @joanxie 

This is GA version for i.MX8DXL B0

Jessie_Lee_0-1652943502804.png

And from below source folder, and i used imx8dxlb0-lpddr4-evk for MACHINE name. 

Jessie_Lee_1-1652943807983.png

IS_DXL is false , and IS_DXL_mx8dxl is true as you see my captured file. but i could see the log. So, I created how this is occurred on yocto BSP.

could you help this? 

BRs

jessie

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls see this

https://jira.sw.nxp.com/browse/YOCIMX-5999

"For the zeus 5.4 release, the old machine is removed entirely, so the user will only see an error for that. The warning is still valid.

For the hardknott 5.10 release, only the A1 is supported and nothing is yet cherry-picked. A new ticket YOCIMX-6022 is created to do the cherry-picking."

0 Kudos