cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Indicator/Toggle Button on top bar Sato Gnome Desktop

marco_padovani
Contributor II

Hi, 

i'm working with yocto project on the imx6 processor. I created the sato image where a GNOME desktop manager is used. On the top bar there are:

- Home button 

- Change Windows button

- Mouse indicator

- Time

I would also like to insert the keyboard indicator button, whit the possibility of pressing that butto to enable or disable the virtual keyboard. (fig.1 What do i have, fig.2 what i would like)

I don't know if this option is already present, but i have already created a script (with matchbox command) that make the enable/disable toggle of the virtual keyboard, but i managed to insert it as an "app" and not in the top bar (fig.3 keyboard toggle as an app).

If i connect an external keyboard in the situation of "fig.1", the keyboard function normally but without indicator.

My priority is to integrate a button keyboard indicator in the top bar that enable or disable the virtual keyboard.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks, 

Marco

0 Kudos
4 Replies

marco_padovani
Contributor II

Hi, 

i resolved! 

I added in matchbox-session-sato file the applet "keyboard" and now the top bar have the keyboard icon!

Thanks to all,

Marco

0 Kudos

radhikasomaiya
Senior Contributor II

Hi marco.padovani@sacmi.it,

Can you please give us some details like which linux version you are using to build sato image and the board which you are using?

Regards,

Radhika Somaiya.

0 Kudos

marco_padovani
Contributor II

Hi Radhika, 

i'm using a Yocto Krogoth and a Congatec Module with iMX6 Solo. I found that keyboard indicator was a Xsever applet, but can i start an applet after Xserver goes on?

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Marco

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can try this plugin from ArchLinux.

There is also this one from Ubuntu, but it looks more like Cinnamon rather than Xfce.

0 Kudos