cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSZ9477 switch use with IMX8MP ENET1 EQOS(Synopsys) controller

ankitpanchal167
Contributor III

Hi NXP,

We are using KSZ9477 ethernet switch with imx8mp board. On imx8mp EVK Two ethernet controller one FEC and EQOS (Synopsys). We test ksz9477 ethernet switch with FEC controller and microchips already provide driver for KSZ9477 ethernet switch support for FEC controller.

But we want to use KSZ9477 ethernet switch with EQOS (Synopsys) controller.

can we use EQOS (Synopsys) controller directly with ksz9477 switch? 

do we need driver changes for EOQS (Synopsys) controller for KSZ9477 ethernet switch? 

0 Kudos
9 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

ENET_QoS is that it benefits of additional features like TSN/AVB support, media clock recovery and generation, and safety. Is there any specific concern that you have?

0 Kudos

ankitpanchal167
Contributor III

Hi jimmy,

We know  feature of  EQOS but we need to connect KSZ9897/9477 ethernet switch with EQOS (synopsis controller)

We are using  EQOS (synopsis controller) driver : drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac

We didn't get support/patch  for  EQOS (synopsis controller),

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I double checked internally and we don't see any limitation for EQOS controller to implement the configuration with the switch. But since this is not part of the default BSP, it is up to the customer to make the integration. As you know, NXP BSP offers basic enablement features.

0 Kudos

smarter
Contributor II

Hi  jimmychan,

How can I use sja1105 switch ? when  I use eqos as rmii  mac-mac mode ,eqos port is not up.

[ 2057.158914] imx-dwmac 30bf0000.ethernet eth0: no phy at addr -1
[ 2057.164952] imx-dwmac 30bf0000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19)
SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device.

could you share some hint to help me bringup it? Thank you.

0 Kudos

rizwan_s
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have a same problem with EQOS "unable to connect to phy".

Did you find the solution for this issue?

Can you please suggest how to proceed.

0 Kudos

ankitpanchal167
Contributor III
0 Kudos

joaofl
Contributor I

The link you sent indeed has patches on the stmmac, but many related the LAN937x switch family are not implemented at all. Neither it seems to be possible to build the image for the Kernel v6.1 with the driver changes provided there.

@ankitpanchal167 , could you please share any clues/tips on getting the KSZ or LAN937x switches working with the eqos mac? could you get it working in the end? How did you do it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

rizwan_s
Contributor II

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for the reply.

My phy is dp83848 from TI.

Whether the same link will be sufficient or any other changes to be done.

0 Kudos

ankitpanchal167
Contributor III
This link is only for KSZ switch work with stmmac controller.
0 Kudos