Jelly Bean on i.MX6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean on i.MX6

_benjamindubb
Contributor II

Are there any plans to update the i.MX6 BSP to the more recent Android 4.1, or even the most recent 4.2 code? I'm told that Google only support last 3 releases. The ICS release is at least 15 months old now, so if we plan to release something to the market before the end of 2013 it will have only about a year of Google support left.

It's hard to justify the development effort for a device that'll be obsolete in 12 months. We are not making a consumer gadget, it's a special purpose device that needs to be in the market for 5 years, perhaps even longer.

So is Freescale planning to update the Android BSP for at least a couple more Android releases? And if so, when are those releases planned?

Thanks,

-Ben

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
4 Replies

zsan
Contributor I

When we can expect an SD card demo image ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

wandboard
Contributor II

There is a Jelly Bean preview Beta available for the i.MX6 Wandboard and you can find this at www.wandboard.org

RodBorras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ben,

There is a Jelly Bean 4.1.2-beta BSP currently available on the Compass Extranet (please talk to your sales person for access).

We should also have a Jelly Bean 4.2 available internally this month. And to customers a few months later.

Regards,

Rod.

ScottKerstein
Contributor III

Hi Rod,

What is the BSP migration path to Jelly Bean 4.3 for i.MX6?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

0 Kudos