Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jailhouse on a imx8mq evel board issue

Jump to solution
flobro
Contributor III

The IMXVIRTUG guide tells us to run the command:
"jailhouse enable imx8mq-veth.cell"

And after downloading multiple version of the imx8mq images (up to LF_v5.15.32-2.0.0_images_IMX8MQEVK), still not found it.

Is it a real thing, or renamed, or ???

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

That Manual is for L4.14.98_2.0.0_ga  you need to download to follow that guide:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/embedded-linux-for-i-mx-applicat...

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
flobro
Contributor III

The problem with that answer is the L4.14.98_2.0.0_ga_images_MX8MQEVK does not have the jailhouse binary (in the sdcard image - or the tarball inside it). The documents presume that you are building the corresponding yocto.

So the best thing to tell people is, "The IMXVIRTUG is out of date. Please download the latest image (LF_v5.15.32-2.0.0_images_IMX8MQEVK.zip) and ignore the references to  imx8mq-veth.cell as the drivers are built in now). Also you need to have a root filesystem on the eMMC device or the demo will not work, Once you have the eMMC loaded with an image:

boot to a prompt :
run jh_mmcboot

Then in Linux prompt : (this assumes your linux "inmate" image is on mmcblk2p2

modprobe jailhouse
jailhouse enable /usr/share/jailhouse/cells/imx8mq.cell

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/share/jailhouse/tools
jailhouse cell linux /usr/share/jailhouse/cells/imx8mq-linux-demo.cell /run/media/mmcblk1p1/Image -d /run/media/mmcblk1p1/imx8mq-evk-inmate.dtb -c "clk_ignore_unused console=ttymxc1,115200 earlycon=ec_imx6q,0x30860000,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk2p2 rootwait rw"

The usb console cable has two consoles on it (on your PC, /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 - if you have no other serial consoles hooked up) and the jailhouse console will be on the second one, and main console is on the first (root).

If successful, your inmate will have set up a virtual Ethernet interface, and can ssh between them once you identify the addresses of the root and the inmate.

0 Kudos
flobro
Contributor III

So I am to infer that  imx8mq-veth.cell is obsolete for 5.15 image for the imx8mq EVK?

I did get it working and the Ethernet worked between the root and the inmate.

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

That Manual is for L4.14.98_2.0.0_ga  you need to download to follow that guide:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/embedded-linux-for-i-mx-applicat...

Regards

0 Kudos