cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with yocto project wayland Image building

hsiddiquee
Contributor II

Hello Expert,

I'm trying to build wayland image using yocto project guild 2020. Following are the commands I have given.

$ mkdir imx-yocto-bsp

$ cd imx-yocto-bsp

$ repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-zeus -m imx-5.4.47-2.2.0.xml

$ repo sync

$ DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8mqevk source imx-setup-release.sh -b build-wayland

$ bitbake imx-image-full

But I'm getting the following error

0 Kudos
13 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

where are your error messages?

0 Kudos

hsiddiquee
Contributor II

I have attached the screen shot below. Please, have a glance on it.
Thank you

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

refer to your log file, it seems you got error when you build qtbase package, right? if yes, try to use the comamnd to build qtbase again

bitbake -c cleansstate qtbase

bitbake qtbase

0 Kudos

hsiddiquee
Contributor II

After running bitbake -c cleansstate qtbase I'm getting the following error.

ERROR: Task do_cleanssate does not exist for target qtbase (/home/ab/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase_git.bb:do_cleanssate). Close matches:
do_cleansstate
do_clean
do_cleanall
ERROR: Command execution failed: 1

I'm getting similar error even after running bitbake -c do_cleansstate qtbase

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

how about use cleanall or clean to instead of cleasstate?I have built 5.4.47 for imx8mq successfully, your errors maybe are caused by network issue or your set environment incomplete, have you refered to the chatper 3 Host Setup and install all of packags ubuntu needs?

0 Kudos

hsiddiquee
Contributor II

Thank you so much for your quick response.

I am following imx_yocto_ptoject_user_guild sep 20. Yes, I have followed chapter 3 for host setup. 

I'm building a full image of imx8mmevk as I'm using imx8 mini-board.

I used

1.  DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mmevk source imx-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland

2. bitbake imx-image-full 

DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8qxpmek source imx-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland
$ bitbake imx-image-full

0 Kudos

hsiddiquee
Contributor II

I have attached the complete log file in case you need that.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you got the same issue whatever imx8mm or imx8qxp you built, right? your commands are correct, but it seems your enviornment or network has issue when downloading the package incompletely maybe, I couldn't reproduce this on my side, have you ever built yocto successfully? what ubuntu vesion do you use? you still couldn't clean qtbase ?

0 Kudos

hsiddiquee
Contributor II

Thank you so much for your comments,

Yes, I have build multiple times and always have some error. I was using 18.04.5. I'm not sure what cause this error. I have tried full and multimedia image they both have error. 

I'm gonna reinstall entire ubuntu 18.04.5 (Please, let me if I should switch to something else). Please, let me know what should I take care before running build command. 

Thank you

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if your ubunt 18.04 is totally new, don't forget install the package from the link as below:

"https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/3.0/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#detailed-supported-distros"

refer to the chapter 1.2. Required Packages for the Build Host, then install all of packages according to the chapter 3 Host Setup of yocto user guide

$ mkdir ~/bin (this step may not be needed if the bin folder already exists)
$ curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
$ chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

export PATH=~/bin:$PATH

$ mkdir imx-yocto-bsp
$ cd imx-yocto-bsp
$ repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest
-b imx-linux-zeus -m imx-5.4.47-2.2.0.xml
$ repo sync

$ DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8mqevk source imx-setup-release.sh -b build-wayland

$ bitbake imx-image-full

these are my building steps, try to delete the build folder then install all of ubuntu packages, then build the yocto step by step again, if you build one package failed, try to use cleansstate or cleanall to clean the pacakge and bitbake again.

I have built imx8mq and imx8mm with 5.4.47 successfully without error messages

0 Kudos

hsiddiquee
Contributor II

Hey,

Sorry I am bring it after a long time.

I'm still having issue to build Yocto Linux and it always give error at the same point. It is related to some python package. Can anyone have any suggestion, how can I resolve it. I have attached my error logs.

Thank you

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

did you install all of host packages as I mentioned before?

0 Kudos

hsiddiquee
Contributor II

Yes I install all the packages mention in the following doc.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

here are the packages name:

gawk wget git-core diffstat unzip texinfo gcc-multilib \
build-essential chrpath socat cpio python python3 python3-pip python3-pexpect \
xz-utils debianutils iputils-ping python3-git python3-jinja2 libegl1-mesa libsdl1.2-dev \
pylint3 xterm

0 Kudos