cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in cross compilation of Mysql 5.7.28 using Yocto bitbake recipe

abhijit_thorat
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using imx8m mini EVK for my development purpose.

I am using Yocto project. I want to cross compile Mysql 5.7.28 using bitbake recipe for core-image-minimal.

I downloaded source code from https://downloads.mysql.com/archives/get/p/23/file/mysql-5.7.28.tar.gz 

and trying to cross compile. But I am facing many issues.

Has anyone tried this?

Please find attached recipes for reference.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

abhijit_thorat
Contributor III

Hi gusarambula‌,

We are using mariadb recipe as a reference which is readily available.

I have attached the recipe in question. Can you please check? 

Still I am facing many issues in cross compilation.

Thanks,

Abhijit

0 Kudos

ramyavlkr
Contributor I

Hi Abhijit,

I'm also working on Mysql5.7.24-27. Need to integrate this with yocto. Please provide me the recipe, if exists or provide some input to create a recipe for this. I have seen these old recipe but not able get it properly.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramya

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Abhijit Thorat,

MySQL is not supported by our BSP. If you wish to integrate MySQL on your image you would need to either create a new recipe that builds and installs it, or you may cross compile outside Yocto and install it on your created image.

I couldn’t find MySQL recipes as part of the Yocto Project so you would need to create a recipe from scratch. This is not trivial but there is a lot of documentation online which may help. I would recommend starting with the Yocto Project Manual:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.5/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#new-recipe-writing-a-new-recipe

If you would like to Cross Compile outside of Yocto you may extract the toolchain by following the instructions on the i.MX Yocto Project User’s Guide.

I hope this helps!

Regards,