Issue building IOT Core for NXP imx8m mini

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue building IOT Core for NXP imx8m mini

wdunkley
Contributor III

I'm trying to build a BSP for a NXP IMX8M mini I've followed the users guide and installed VS 2017 along with the 1809 rev of the ADK and WDK, I've run the setupcertificate.bat and all of this happens in administrative mode. However when I try to build it I get an error. There is no EXEC folder in the HalExtiMXDma folder, also the is no signtool.exe. Am I missing something?

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error File not found: windows HalExtiMXDma C:\build windows Core\imx-iotcore\hals\halext\HalExtiMXDma\EXEC 1
Error File not found: Core\imx-iotcore\build\solution\iMXPlatform\Build\ARM64\Release\HalExtiMXDma\HalExtiMXDma.dll HalExtiMXDma C:\build windows Core\imx-iotcore\hals\halext\HalExtiMXDma\EXEC 1

Error Signing failed with 1 on -hal C:\build windows Core\imx-iotcore\build\solution\iMXPlatform\Build\ARM64\Release\HalExtiMXDma\HalExtiMXDma.dll HalExtiMXDma C:\build windows Core\imx-iotcore\hals\halext\HalExtiMXDma\signtool.exe 1

Error MSB3073 The command "
      set Configuration=Release
      set Platform=ARM64
      set PkgOutput=C:\build windows Core\imx-iotcore\build\solution\iMXPlatform\Build\ARM64\Release\
      set OutDir=C:\build windows Core\imx-iotcore\build\solution\iMXPlatform\Build\ARM64\Release\GenerateBSP\
      set OEMName=NXP
      call ..\..\..\tools\BuildBSP.bat iMX8 NXPEVK_iMX8M_4GB
      call ..\..\..\tools\BuildBSP.bat iMX8 NXPEVK_iMX8M_Mini_2GB
    " exited with code 1. GenerateBSP C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44

0 Kudos
2 Replies

wdunkley
Contributor III

I know people were having problems after installing ADK and WDK 1903 and then trying to uninstall them to go back down to 1809. However for me what it all came down to was I had a space in my root directory.

C:\Build Windows Core\imx-iotcore....

I noticed after 3 days that it was making a folder 

C:\Build on my computer.

So I removed the spaces in between and now I have

C:\BuildWindowsCore\imx-iotcore...

Is that something that is common knowledge, not to put spaces in you're folder names?

0 Kudos

Frantisek_Prochaska
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi William,

thank you for info. Yes you should avoid spaces in paths if possible. Unfortunately I am aware of this problem just for a short time. You know everyone is afraid to use paths with spaces.In this case the error message is always the same, telling the file after space couldn't be found.

0 Kudos