Is there support for the imx-gpu-viv driver on a 4.14 kernel?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Is there support for the imx-gpu-viv driver on a 4.14 kernel?

3,746 次查看
michaelworster
Contributor IV

I'm attempting to build a Sumo yocto release with a NXP supported 4.14.78 kernel from here: linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

During the build, it appears there are a number of issues with the kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv driver (version 6.2.4.p1.2). Is there any support for this driver on the kernel?

Full build log is attached.

Sample of some of the build issues I'm seeing:

imx6dlicomv2cib/kernel-source/include/linux/stat.h:11:18: error: expected ')' before '(' token
|  #define S_IRUGO  (S_IRUSR|S_IRGRP|S_IROTH)

imx6dlicomv2cib-poky-linux-gnueabi/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv/6.2.4.p1.2+fslc+gitAUTOINC+86354002be-r0/git/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv-src/hal/os/linux/kernel/platform/freescale/gc_hal_kernel_platform_imx.c:360:35: note: in expansion of macro 'S_IRUGO'
|  static DRIVER_ATTR(gpu3DMinClock, S_IRUGO | S_IWUSR, show_gpu3DMinClock, update_gpu3DMinClock);
|                                    ^~~~~~~

标签 (3)
标记 (3)
0 项奖励
3 回复数

2,149 次查看
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I tried to build it without issue. Could you tell me how you build it? if possible, please tel me the steps so I can try it on my side.

0 项奖励

2,150 次查看
michaelworster
Contributor IV

I don't have a minimal example at the moment, however I think I'm starting to see the issue.

I'm building a 4.14.78 kernel (branch: imx_4.14.78_1.0.0_ga) where as the sumo branch of the meta-freescale repo (meta-freescale/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv_6.2.4.p1.2.bb at sumo · Freescale/meta-freescale · GitHub ) is pulling an older branch of the kernel driver (imx_4.9.88_2.0.0_ga)

This makes the source of the driver (such as gc_hal_kernel_platform_imx.c) pretty significantly different than that of my base kernel.

When you say you see it working, are you using the 4.14.78 kernel, or a kernel based off of imx_4.9.88_2.0.0_ga or older?

0 项奖励

2,150 次查看
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I follow the Yocto guide to build it.

0 项奖励