Is there any documentation available for developing OpenCL application for GC7000Lite GPU on iMX8?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any documentation available for developing OpenCL application for GC7000Lite GPU on iMX8?

vinay_surendran
Contributor III

Hi all,

I need to port an algorithm to OpenCL for execution on the GC7000Lite GPU available on iMX8.

I could run execute and build a sample code on Windows MS Visual Studio 2013 environment using the vEmulator libs provided in the Vivante Toolkit. 

I could not find suitable info describing the environment setup and the steps for building and executing OpenCL code on the target hardware like the 771-MCIMX8M-EVK evaluation board from NXP.

Could anyone here please shed some light on the same?

Any good references to the right documentation would be greatly helpful.

Thanks and regards

Vinay

0 Kudos
5 Replies

msd11
Contributor II

Hi Vinay is your problem sorted out?? I would like to do video analytics on the same board. Do you have any suggestions for me? 

0 Kudos

vinay_surendran
Contributor III

Yes, Dinesh.

It was quite challenging.

You got to build and setup the build toolchain/SDK for the particular board by referring to the NXP Yocto Guide.

And then compile your C/C++ code using this SDK/toolchain.

Your OpenCL code will be compiled on the fly  by the GPU driver [galcore] which is available on-board.

BRs

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vinay

one can look at AN12060 Software ISP

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12060.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vinay_surendran
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thank you very much for the quick response.

However, my application is not image processing and ISP based. My GPU application is more generic and mainly audio processing based.

Could you please share any available documentation that describes generic OpenCL application (non Image processing) development for GC7000Lite GPU?

Best regards

Vinay

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vinay

unfortunately I am not aware of specific i.MX8 OpenCL documentation

available for customers. Suggest to use extended support with Professional Services

NXP Professional Services|NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos