Is there any additional document for i.MX6 NAND?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any additional document for i.MX6 NAND?

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi all,

I consider using i.MX6Q NAND boot.

Then, is there any additional document for i.MX6 NAND boot other than reference manual (IMX6DQRM)?

(e.g. For i.MX6 document same as README_MX53_NAND_BOOT.pdf or AN_MX_NAND_BAD_BLOCK.pdf, etc...)

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satoshi San,

The application note AN_MX_NAND_BAD_BLOCK it can be used and apply for the i.MX6 platform,   I am also adding the How To documents that we have for the i.MX6 . This is all the documentation that we have regarding the Nand flash with i.MX6.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sreekantha
Contributor I

Hello Jamesbone,

So we can use NAND flash for Boot the i.MX6SL. Can you please let me know the pins to be connected to the NAND Flash. I would like to use parallel NAND Flash for the interface.

Thanks & Regards

Sreekanth

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6 SL (Solo Lite) does not support raw NANDs.

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satoshi San,

The application note AN_MX_NAND_BAD_BLOCK it can be used and apply for the i.MX6 platform,   I am also adding the How To documents that we have for the i.MX6 . This is all the documentation that we have regarding the Nand flash with i.MX6.

william_huang
Contributor I

hello jamesbone,

thx for your documents.

0 Kudos
jkobs2014
Contributor III

A lot of this documentation is really pretty worthless, because it only talks about the sabre boards.  I don't really need to know which dip-switch to set, but which line is begin set to what value, and why.  Also, all the references to changes to the manufacturing tool, (like diffs!) are worthless unless you indicate which manufacturing tool revision is the base.

Basically, this is pretty poor.  I have "liked" the post, because I like it that people are trying.  Still FS needs to do better.