Is there a supported Morty release for the SABRE board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a supported Morty release for the SABRE board?

Jump to solution
michaelworster
Contributor IV

I have an i.MX6Q SABRE SDB board, and I'm trying to get a modern build for it. I'm looking to find a Yocto Morty release, 4.X kernel, Qt5.7.1 or greater.

I was examining the Freescale yocto bsp repository: fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git - i.MX Linux BSP Release Yocto Project manifests 

And there appears to be exactly what I want off the imx-morty branch even fairly recently updated by Lauren Post.

I attempted to sync/build this:

$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-morty

$ repo sync

$ MACHINE=imx6qsabresd source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build_qt5 -e fb

$ bitbake -k fsl-image-qt5

It built happily for a while, then errors started coming in:

ERROR: imx-gpu-g2d-5.0.11.p8.7-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL: 'http://www.freescale.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO//imx-gpu-g2d-5.0.11.p8.7.bin;fsl-eula=true'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: imx-gpu-viv-1_5.0.11.p8.7-hfp-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL: 'http://www.freescale.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO//imx-gpu-viv-5.0.11.p8.7-hfp.bin;fsl-eula=true'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv-5.0.11.p8.7-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL: 'http://www.freescale.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO//kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv-5.0.11.p8.7.tar.gz'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: glibc-2.24-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed

ERROR: libgpg-error-1.24-r0 do_populate_lic: QA Issue: libgpg-error: The LIC_FILES_CHKSUM does not match for file://COPYING;md5=59530bdf33659b29e73d4adb9f9f6552

You can see the full list and details attached as build_errors.txt

Clearly this branch isn't fully functional, so is there a simular branch which is working to build a Yocto Morty release for the SABRE SDB?

Original Attachment has been moved to: build_errors.txt.zip

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LaurenPost
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Michael,  everything is fixed.  You should be able to do an mx6 build with the imx-morty release.

Use the following command.

repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-morty -m imx-4.1.33-7ulp_beta.xml

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LaurenPost
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for letting us know 

Looks like some mx6 files missed making it to the mirror when we updated 7ulp.  7ulp uses v6 graphics while mx6 uses v5 update p8.7.

I'll get this fixed and post when it is ready.

repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-morty -m imx-4.1.33-7ulp_beta.xml
I'll fix the default manifest and README - it should be pointing directly to 7ulp for now. We are about to do a consolidated kernel upgrade release soon which will also be based on morty with several upgrades including Qt and the v6 graphics on mx6.
michaelworster
Contributor IV

Thanks for the update LaurenPost. Will the missing files rectify all of the errors or just the fetch ones? There were a total of 21 in the build including some compile and QA Issues. 

Once the push is made to the mirror, will I still be pulling from the imx-morty branch, or will imx-4.1.33-7ulp_beta be availble for use at that point? I didn't see any 4.1.33 branches when I went to the Freescale yocto bsp repository to do my initial pull.

0 Kudos
LaurenPost
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Michael,  everything is fixed.  You should be able to do an mx6 build with the imx-morty release.

Use the following command.