Is there a framebuffer into which /dev/fb0 and /dev/fb2 are combined?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a framebuffer into which /dev/fb0 and /dev/fb2 are combined?

Jump to solution
fcs
Contributor IV

I am able to encode live PAL video with the following:

gst-launch-0.10 -e mfw_v4lsrc sensor-width=720 sensor-height=288 capture-width=720 capture-height=576 preview=true preview-width=1024 preview-height=768 fps-n=25 bg=true ! mfw_vpuencoder ! avimux name=mux ! filesink location=/mnt/usb1/PALfps25f.avi

I can call ioctl so that the graphics and the video are 50/50 alpha blended on the LCD screen. However I would like to be able to encode what is on the screen, rather than the raw PAL video. Is there a place in RAM where the two framebuffers (graphics /dev/fb0 and video /dev/fb2) are combined and stored, or is the combined image sent straight to the LCD display?

Labels (3)
1 Solution
imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

The combination is done by hw on the fly. The result will send to panel directly, not go back to memory.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

The combination is done by hw on the fly. The result will send to panel directly, not go back to memory.

0 Kudos
PatrickChau
Contributor II

I think this is not the case, I just did the combination by mapping fb2, and then combine the data with fb0, it also read by mapping.

0 Kudos
fcs
Contributor IV

What if we changed the data flow as shown in iMX53RM.pdf section 45.3.1.4.1, it suggests VF2 sends data to Fmem+DSx, can Fmem be accessed from a kernel driver or userspace code?

0 Kudos