cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a QuadSPI driver for m4?

Jump to solution
evanthompson
Contributor II

On an i.MX7D processor, I would like to use the QuadSPI (qspi) peripheral from the cortex m4 core. The nxp-provided m4 drivers for bare metal and FreeRTOS include an 'ecspi' driver for the ecspi peripheral, but there is not a driver for the quadspi peripheral included.

Is an m4 QuadSPI driver available anywhere?

Note: this is not a question about booting from quadspi or Execute In Place (XIP) from quadspi flash. I am asking about using the quadspi as a peripheral at runtime, from the m4 (and the m4 is executing out of another memory like TCM or DDR).

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately Nop, the SDK provided with the FReeRTOS and the baremetal drivers that you already review are the only drivers that we have ,since usually as you also mention the QuadSPI we leave it for booting device and not as a peripheral. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We can offer you our Professional Services, they can help you in develop the proper driver for the Quad SPI. here is the link for more details :

NXP Professional Services | NXP 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeff_hane
Contributor I

If you have the FlexSPI driver enabled in Linux it will configure the interface to be memory mapped so there is no need for a driver on the M4

jeff

0 Kudos
evanthompson
Contributor II

That may be true for reads (I have not tried it), but the QuadSPI does not support memory-mapped writes (the peripheral's AHB Bus interface only provides a read operation).

0 Kudos
jeff_hane
Contributor I

Ah, sorry I am using an iMX8 which does both read/write

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately Nop, the SDK provided with the FReeRTOS and the baremetal drivers that you already review are the only drivers that we have ,since usually as you also mention the QuadSPI we leave it for booting device and not as a peripheral. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We can offer you our Professional Services, they can help you in develop the proper driver for the Quad SPI. here is the link for more details :

NXP Professional Services | NXP 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos