Is it possible to use the yocto plugin for the yocto-freescale (imx6sabrelite)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the yocto plugin for the yocto-freescale (imx6sabrelite)?

mariorodriguez
Contributor II

Hello I was researching and I saw that there is a yocto plugin to "bake" new recipes. (Bitbake commander projects on eclipse) Is it possible to use it together with the yocto-freescale projects?

I see that the yocto-freescale (dylan) uses the poky version 1.4.3, But I don't see a corresponding mirror for the 1.4.3 plugin on the eclipse download site: Index of /releases/yocto

Does that mean there is none? I have tried to use Eclipse Kepler with the latest Yocto plugin 1.5 but it didnt work (Eclipse freezes after trying to create a new bitbake commander project)

Has anyone succesfully installed the yocto plugin for the imx6? Is the image from freescale compatible with the yocto plugin?

Regards,

Mario

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I didn't understood half of what you're saying.

What would be "yocto-freescale"?

Are you using Yocto with Eclipse integration?

0 Kudos

mariorodriguez
Contributor II

What I mean with yocto-freescale is the yocto bsp image that freescale delivers (https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b dora).

And yes I want to try to use Yocto with eclipse integration. But this yocto eclipse plugin needs a yocto toolchain which is aware of this plugin (by building with: bitbake meta-ide-support)

My question is what do I need to do to make this work. Do I need a specific version of Ecilpse and a specific version of yocto plugin to make it work? What else do I need to do?

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

the meta-fsl-bsp-release is using dora branch. it´s yocto 1.5

it is the latest stable branch, so I would say you can follow the YP instructions for latest stable branch and use Eclipse they recommend.

I think I heart the 2 last Eclipse would work

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When you have some error message, please share :smileywink:

0 Kudos