Is it possible to design around i.MX6SX without DDR memory? How should I configure those pins (float/ground...)? Can I save some power rails?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to design around i.MX6SX without DDR memory? How should I configure those pins (float/ground...)? Can I save some power rails?

Jump to solution
fbenito
Contributor I

Hi all,

We are starting a design around a i.MX6SX micro, and the software guys do not want to use DDR memory (just a simple Flash memory will be enough for them, they say, though they plan to run a light linux on one core and MQX on the other)

As we are really constrained in both PCB area and power consumption, I would like to get rid of DDR interface, and not power up related banks on the micro, so I can save a power rail, and lower the consumption. As the Hardware development Guide for Solo X is still not released, I don't know what would be the proper configuration (floating,/grounding pins) or if it is possible at all to do that.

In fact, I should simplify the power tree as much as possible, and I am not being able to find much information on it (we won't use any of the external interfaces but 2 x I2Cs,1 x SPI,1/2 x UART and SDIO, so no need to power up many peripherals, if possible)

Any advice is welcome :smileyhappy:

Thanks!!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Francisco

i.MX6SX is modified version of Solo, so as preliminary

answer one can look at Table 2-21. Recommended connections for

unused analog interfaces IMX6DQ6SDLHDG,

however it may be recomended to wait for Hardware Development Guide

for SoloX to be released. Note, this applicable only for analog

interfaces, digital power domains should be always powered.

One can run applications without DDR, running them from QSPI or

EIM directly (xip), or loading it to internal RAM (OCRAM).

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Francisco

i.MX6SX is modified version of Solo, so as preliminary

answer one can look at Table 2-21. Recommended connections for

unused analog interfaces IMX6DQ6SDLHDG,

however it may be recomended to wait for Hardware Development Guide

for SoloX to be released. Note, this applicable only for analog

interfaces, digital power domains should be always powered.

One can run applications without DDR, running them from QSPI or

EIM directly (xip), or loading it to internal RAM (OCRAM).

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos