Is it possible to convert a Master to Slave in I2C Commnication?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to convert a Master to Slave in I2C Commnication?

dhineshrajakann
Contributor I

I am actually trying to interface the Linux Touchscreen developed by Reach Technology Inc., which uses the MCIMX6S5DVM10AB processor via I2C. When I contacted the Reach Technical support team, they said that the touchscreen is made with the intention to use as a Master and it cannot be used as a slave. But in real, I want to interface three of these screens with an external Controller which is the Master I2C device and all the screens should be slaves to it. Please reply with suggestions to convert the Master to slave. Thanks in advance.   

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The I2C bus is low speed bus. Maximum of the the I2C Fast mode performance is 400 kbit/s.

The I2C bus is multi-master bus.

The MCIMX6 I2C controller supports I2C slave mode.

Use your Touch screen as I2C masters and configure the MCIMX6 I2C as I2C slave.

The MCIMX6 performance is enough to receive data from three I2C masters.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dhineshrajakann
Contributor I

Thanks Pavel,

But is it possible to convert that touchscreen a slave since the touchscreen uses the MCIMx6 processor only. The touchscreen is the G2H2 based Linux Touchscreen by Reach Technology.If it is possible to convert the processor(MCIMX6S5DVM10AB) I2C to slave by selecting the mode of operation then it should be possible to convert the touchscreen to slave also na? What are the control registers for this ARM processor's I2C since it is not included in the datasheet. Are they same as the normal IBAD, IBFD, and IBCR?

Thanks,

Dhinesh.

0 Kudos